Use Ballinskelligs chicken for this recipe and black pudding from Burns of Sneem.
4 free-range Ballinskelligs chicken supreme, skin on, wing bone cleaned
120g Burns of Sneem black pudding
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 dry cured Ashes of Annascaul back bacon rashers
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1. Make a small pocket on the side of each chicken supreme.
2. Place the black pudding into a bowl and mash with a fork until softened.
3. Season each chicken supreme with salt and black pepper. Stuff the pocket of each chicken supreme with the black pudding and then wrap each one in a dry cured rasher.
4. Preheat your oven to 180C fan/200C/Gas 6. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Place the chicken in the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. Place the chicken onto a roasting tray and cook in the oven for 16-18 minutes until thoroughly cooked through.