Using Daly’s Seafood smoked salmon will make all the difference to this frittata.
Serves 6 using a 22cm frying pan
6 tbsp rapeseed oil
4 medium floury potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
10 free-range eggs
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g Daly’s Seafood smoked salmon slices, chopped
1. Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
2. Add the oil to your frying pan and heat over a low heat.
3. Add the potatoes then reduce the heat and fry the potatoes, stirring frequently, so that they don’t stick together for 10-12 minutes. The secret is to not let the potatoes go to brown but cook them long enough until they are just cooked.
4. Once the potatoes are soft, Beat together the eggs and season with some salt and pepper and then add the chopped smoked salmon.
5. Add the eggs to the pan and gently stir, cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom starts to set.
6. Place under a the grill and cook until the eggs are fully set and golden. This will take approx 4-5 minutes.
7. Tip on to a chopping board and cut into wedges.