Use the famous Kerry Sliabh Luachra Strawberries for this recipe.
You need a 22cm flan ring with a removable base
For the base:
220g digestive biscuits, crumbed
140g butter, melted
For the filling:
300g cream cheese
220ml double cream
50g caster sugar
4 gelatine leaves
For the macerated strawberries:
200g Sliabh Luachra Strawberries
1 tbsp caster sugar
10 mint leaves finely chopped
1. Lightly brush your flan ring with a little oil.
2. Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press into the base of tin and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Place the cream cheese, cream and sugar into a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until it resembles thickly whipped cream.
4. Place the gelatine into a small bowl, cover with cold water and leave for 5 minutes until the gelatine has softened.
5. Remove the gelatine from the water and place into a small saucepan.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the gelatine, place over a medium heat and, stirring all the time, heat until the gelatine leaves have dissolved.
7. Quickly, and in one go, whisk the gelatine into the cheese cake mix.
8. Fold through the chopped strawberries.
9. Pour the mix over the base, cover with cling film and chill for at least 4 hours.
10. For the macerated strawberries, wash, hull and slice the strawberries. Place in a bowl with sugar and mint. Leave to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
11. Cut the cheesecake into wedges and serve with the macerated strawberries.