Use Kerry Rose Veal from pedigree Kerry cattle.
4 veal escalopes
2 medium eggs
50g plain flour
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
180g white breadcrumbs
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
1. Place the veal escalopes between two sheets of clingfilm and bat lightly with a rolling pin to thin the escalopes out slightly.
2. Break the eggs into a shallow dish and lightly beat them together. Tip flour onto plate and season with salt and black pepper, on to another plate. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a large plate.
3. Dip each escalope, first into the flour, then the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs ensuring they are well coated.
4. Now heat the oil and half the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and, when hot add the escalopes to the pan. Cook them for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. Add the remaining butter to the pan and melt gently. Add the juice from 4 of the lemon wedges, followed by the sage. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the escalopes. Serve with the remaining lemon wedges on the side.