Use Spa Seafood’s crabmeat and Beaufort free-range eggs.
1 medium Beaufort free-range egg
2 egg yolks
380ml Lee Strand cream
1/2 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
2 scallions, finely chopped
150g picked white crabmeat
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
50g grated cheddar cheese
50g fresh white breadcrumbs (made from Barry’s Bakery bread)
Pickled cucumber to serve
1. Place the egg and egg yolks into a bowl and lightly beat. Add the cream, ginger, scallions, crabmeat and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
2. Pour the mix into 4 x 5-6cm diameter ramekins.
3. Preheat your oven to 130c Fan/150C/Gas Mark 3. Place the ramekins in a roasting tray and fill the tray with boiling water so that the ramekins are half covered.
4. Place the brulees in the oven and cook 50-60 minutes until they are just set and wobble when lightly shaken.
5. Remove from the oven and take the ramekins from the boiling water. Allow to cool.
6. Mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the brulees. Preheat your grill to high and place the ramekins under the grill to brown the bread and cheese topping. Serve with pickled cucumber.