You’ll find rib eye steaks in any of the fantastic Kerry butchers listed in our directory.
4 rib eye steaks 8-9oz each (buy them in any of our fantastic, highly-skilled Kerry butchers)
Rapeseed oil for cooking
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the horseradish, garlic and parsley butter:
150g soft Lee Strand butter
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp finely grated fresh horseradish or 3 tbsp creamed horseradish sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the butter place the softened butter into a bowl. Add the parsley, garlic and horseradish. Season with black pepper and beat well until well combined.
2. Roll the butter tightly in a sheet of cling film to form a sausage shape. Place in the fridge to set.
3. To cook the steaks, heat a griddle pan over a high heat until smoking hot.
4. Rub the steaks with a little oil and season well with salt and pepper.
5. Place the steaks on the griddle pan and sear well for 3 minutes before turning and searing on the other side.
6. Cook the steaks to the desired degree. If you require well done steaks they are best finished in a hot oven.
7. Remove the steaks from the griddle pan, place on a warm plate and top with a slice or two of the butter. Allow the steaks to rest for 4 minutes before serving.