A restaurant-style dish that is so easy to make at home when you want an impressive main course – use hake from any of Kerry’s Fishmongers, vegetables and herbs from Manna Organic.
4 hake fillet portions, skin and bones removed, 180g each
60g fresh white bread crumbs
Grated zest of 1 lemon
10g chopped flat leaf parsley (or other soft herbs)
50g grated Gouda (from Wilma’s Killorglin Farmhouse Cheese)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
For the salsa:
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (basil, parsley etc…)
½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
6 tbsp rapeseed oil
200g Manna Organic cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the salsa place all of the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Season with a little salt and pepper, mix well and store in the fridge.
3. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
4. Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and add the lemon zest, chopped parsley, cheese, salt and pepper to season and the olive oil.
5. Preheat your oven to 200C fan/220C/Gas 7. Place the fish in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden and the fish is cooked through. Serve with the salsa