Use dry cured or smoked bacon rashers from Ashes of Annascaul.
4 dry cured or smoked bacon rashers cut into strips (from Ashes of Annascaul)
1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
1 bunch of scallions
2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and boil or steam until just tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly. Dice the potatoes.
2. Fry the bacon in a frying pan with a little oil until crisp, then add the red onion and cook until softened.
3. Remove from the heat and add the red wine vinegar, mustard, scallions and olive oil.
4. Toss through the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
5. Finish with chopped parsley.