Caper and mint butter really brings out the sweetness of Ring of Kerry lamb. Serve this dish with boiled new potatoes from Manna Organic Farm and Store.
1 rack of lamb with 8 chops
Freshly ground black pepper
For the caper and mint butter:
100g softened butter
2 teaspoons capers
8 mint leaves, finely chopped
1. Season the lamb chops on both sides with salt.
2. Heat a non-stick griddle pan.
3. Cook the chops over a medium to high heat for 3-4 minutes on the first side until golden all over, then turn and cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side. Remove to a plate, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, loosely cover with tin foil and leave to rest.
4. While the lamb is resting, mix the softened butter with the capers and mint.
5. Serve the lamb chops on a large serving plate dotted with little knobs of the caper and mint butter.
WHERE TO SOURCE THE INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
You’ll find vegetables to go with Ring of Kerry Quality Lamb at Manna Organic Farm and Store (mannaorganicstore.ie). They sell organic vegetables grown in fine Kerry soil from their 25-acre farm in the Gleann na nGealt Valley near Camp, County Kerry.
Use local Kerry Lee Strand salted butter.