Serve with Ardfert Potatoes and Cottage Lane Free-Range Eggs.
1⁄2 garlic clove, peeled
1 free-range Cottage Lane egg yolk
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
600ml extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 medium Ardfert potatoes (cooked, cooled and cubed)
450g Fenit Bay white crab meat
1 red apple, pickled
1 sliver of pickled ginger, nely chopped
Assorted mixed leaves and edible ower petals
1. Make the aioli first: blend the garlic clove, egg yolk and mustard together in a blender. Slowly drizzle in up to 550ml of olive oil until the mixture thickens. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper. Set half the mixture aside for the crab meat. Put the rest into a squeezy bottle and chill.
2. Cut the red and yellow peppers into small discs and fry gently in a little olive oil for 10 minutes. Gently sauté the potato cubes in olive oil until crisp.
3. Using a swivel peeler, peel the cucumber into ribbons.
4. Just before plating the dish: mix the crab meat with the pickled apple, pickled ginger and the aioli you have set aside for the crab meat.
5. Using a metal ring, place a tower of crab meat in the middle of the plate. Arrange the cucumber in rolls around the plate with the peppers and potato cubes. Dot the plate with the aioli from the squeezy bottle. Finish with the mixed leaves and flower petals. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with some sea salt crystals.
WHERE TO SOURCE KERRY INGREDIENTS
You’ll find a directory of producers here where you can find the products to use in this recipe.